BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Wow, Brother













My brother had some interesting news today:

LOST creator J.J. Abrams may be teaming up with Stephen King to bring his beloved Dark Tower series to life. The two admired each other's work very much, and they've already had meetings about the possibility of a screen adaptation.

After searching the internets, I found several articles on the topic, the scoop coming from ign.com and the official story being found on the Hollywood Reporter website. I gotta nerd out for a second, folks (cause when do I not?), but I pretty excited. I'm only on the third book of the Dark Tower, but King's writing is absolutely impeccable in this series. I sincerely believe that it is a series that could be considered a contemporary match for Lord of the Rings. HEY! Don't yell at me like that! Have I read LOTR? No, but I do know that the scope, breadth, and sheer adoration for the Dark Tower rivals LOTR. King loves Tolkien's work, so it's not too far a stretch of the imagination to believe that this is his homage to LOTR. It's yet to be decided if the six book epic will be put onto the big screen or the small screen. I have to admit, though, the TV adaptations of King's masterpieces tend to go a lot smoother than the big screen ones. My vote has to be for another grandiose ABC mini-series, much in the vein of "The Stand," "Storm of the Century," "It," and "The Shining."

Wow. I totally did just nerd out there. Hold on. Let me shake the nerd off me. I'm just a little bit excitable, and it gets hard to hide my nerdiness when I'm like that. Say "nerd" again. Done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home