BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

WOW

The episode is called "Rosetta," and it is 42 of the best minutes of television you will ever watch. I shall rate it up there with "Hush" in season 4 of Buffy, "Smiley Time" in season 5 of Angel, and the "Pilot" of Twin Peaks.

The Smallville crew pulled out all the stops with this one. My heart is pounding; I've got goosebumps; I've really got to go the bathroom I'm so excited. I'm even a little misty eyed. I dare you, if you're a true Superman fan, to watch this episode and not get misty eyed. And here is why...

When Clark Kent (Tom Welling) meets Dr. Swann (Christopher Reeve) and they start to discuss the Kryptonian language Clark has learned to read, the Superman music starts to play softly in the background, it swells, getting louder and louder, until Dr. Swann recites the message that Clark is Kal-el. When he says Kal-el the music hits its peak. Oh.
My. Gosh. It was amazing.

The episode was a slow, steady build up to this point. It continued to grow and become even more beautiful and touching when Clark was talking to Jonathan about what is meant for him on this planet. Oh, fine. Call me melodramatic if you must! But this was an amazing and touching episode that shows how much young Clark had to struggle with why he was put on this planet. This is why I love this show! We never see the true beginnings of Superman, what he had to deal with as a teen, how he had to cope with this strange, magnificent powers. This show truly does give Superman a history that has never been explored before.

What can I say? I love Superman. Please, if you are a fan, you owe it to yourself to watch this episode. It touches on Superman's origins more so than any episode of the series thus far. I'm so glad that I have this show to watch. I'm so glad people (Bryan Singer, Deborah Joy Levine, and Alfred Gough & Miles Millar) have decided to keep the Superman story alive in so many different, unique, and wonderful ways. And I'm most glad that my mom and dad taped Superman off of ABC when I was little, so I could watch it over and over and over again. Thanks, Jim Bob and Chuck, for introducing me to the Man of Steel who wants to fight for peace and mankind. He gives us all something to strive for.

Maybe GWB could take some tips from him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, guess what? As you may have heard, I am I kind of friends with Gabrielle Union. Gabs is great friends with Bryan Singer. (He's shooting the pilot for Football Wives, in which Gabs plays Chardonney.) Gabs is going to introduce me "sometime" to Mr. Singer, who is then going to cast me in Superman 2. Hopefully. Atleast that's how it works out in my head. Keep those little Illinois fingers crossed. My roommate is also going to try to submit me for The Star Trek movie, which will be by our LOST boys. Two movies I want to be in more than anything. If I get Superman 2, I might take you to the premiere. If you're good.
Love always and forever,
Toddy

9:48 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

I will be good to you forever and ever and ever if you take me to that premiere.

Oh, daddy, that sounds absolutely splendiferous!!! Just the thought of Toddy being in Duperman makes me get all goose pimply, and I am RIGHT now. The Star Trek movie would also be awesome. Don't know if you know, but I am married to a Trekkie.

Thanks for all the exciting info!!!

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home