BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Restless Natives

Kendra's informed me that the natives have been getting restless. There has been many sick days here at BingBongBoom. After an eventful trip to the Windy City last weekend to see Body Worlds, I suffered major stomach flu. Ick! Then there was a FULL week of school: field trip and parent teacher conferences included. The week's gone so quickly that I can't believe our last post was over a week ago!

There's a nightly three-way battle on my TV now: Keatons vs. Seavers vs. Young Superman. My wonderful cousin, the same that informed me of the raging natives, supplied me with seasons 3 and 4 of "Smallville," so now I'm on a daily tear through them. Plus, this week saw the release of the first season of "Family Ties." Add the new addition of "Growing Pains" to Nick at Nite's line-up and there's barely room for new episodes of "24," "LOST," and "The Jim Halpert Show." What I'm saying is this:

TV IS TAKING OVER MY LIFE!!! But you know what? I love it! It's perhaps my guiltiest pleasure!

One thing the TV didn't provide for us this week was the final Illini homegame of the season. (OK, Jacob, I'm sorry for what is about to transpire...) Wednesday saw the final halftime performance of Chief Illiniwek.
It's been 81 years of the Chief at the U of I, and I have to admit I was sad to miss his final dance. (I was at home taking care of my husband, who received my flu two days later.) If you want to read about the last halftime dance click here.

And now you know why I haven't posted in so long: BORING times.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Chief tribute, BingBongBoom. I wish Jacob could have seen it all but WCIA.com has the dance. Jacob, I know only positive comments on our symbol (mascot is a Leprechaun at Notre Dame) will come from D.C.

9:30 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

True, MB. Although the Irish have their own country and a voice in the world. Not exactly the same for Native Americans. Also, there's a big Irish population at that school; any Illini's at the U of I? Millions of people can readily understand that Irish people aren't really drunk leprechauns, but there is no other image of what real Native Americans are out there (just look at the comments U of I students are saying like "Now there will be no more representations of true Indians at our school"). Thus, no honor is an honor when the honoree is asking for the honorors to stop.

And.I'm.Spent. :-)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home