BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, February 23, 2007

Get Your Red Carpet Ready!

The countdown begins! Less than 48 hours until the Oscars. I'm so excitable! The annual McFarlane-Pickell Oscar party, officially endorsed by BingBongBoom, will be the hottest ticket in Champaign on Sunday night. Not to be outdone by the Chicago Oscar Party that will benefit the Gene Siskel Foundation (at $150-$15,000/plate), there will be official Food Network entrees prepared at the McFarlane-Pickell party (although not prepared by the FN stars).

I'm reading the trades and keeping notes, listening closely to Ebert (but never Roeper), praying for Marty Scorsese to win, and hedging our bets by picking him to lose. Although strong in the past, I'm almost positive my heart will take over my rational mind this year (i.e., I'm afraid I'll end up choosing Marky Mark, Abigail Breslin, and the aforementioned director to win instead of who will actually have a chance). Here's the best news: click this link to get your own Oscar ballot to print out at home. We don't have to make our own this year! If you need any more info, history, or pictures from the Oscars go to the official website.

I can't wait to see Ellen! I will admit, though, she has big Jon Stewart shoes to fill. I wonder if Colbert will do another voting skit? Yeah, probably not.

3 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:29 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

That will be fun! Guess we'll have to find some Oscar party on the beach.

Is Ghostrider nominated for something? We saw Music & Lyrics, speaking of silly movies. Jared wanted to. Loves his Brits.

7:29 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

I did end up picking Marky Mark and Abigail Breslin...so yeah, that might be one reason my Oscar ballot sucked the big one.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home