BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Don't Make Me Do It!!!

It doesn't matter how many DVD's we own, what work I may have to do, or what other first-run shows are on, if I see Back to the Future or Coal Miner's Daughter on TV, I will stop and watch them. It doesn't matter if there's only five minutes left; it doesn't matter that I've seen both of them dozens of time; it doesn't matter that they're on cable with 7 minutes of commercials for every 15 minutes of movie. Martin especially doesn't understand why I would do this when we own them on DVD, but he humors me and allows me to watch. So, now knowing this about me, maybe you'll understand the predicament I found myself in tonight.

While flicking during commercials of the Jim Halpert Show, I
discovered that both BTTF and Coal Miner's Daughter were on at the same time. To quote Preston Meyers of Can't Hardly Wait, "What was I to do? How was I to proceed?" I don't think you truly understand how traumatic this was for me...

Sure BTTF is my favorite movie of all time ever, but it had less time to go than Coal Miner's Daughter. It had also been longer since I had viewed Loretty and Dew. But on the other hand when I started to watch BTTF it didn't feel right. Maybe I should be watching Loretty. Then when I
started to watch that I felt like I was cheating on BTTF. Such a dillema I truly don't remember having.

Finally I made a choice: for the first time in I don't know how long, I decided to abandon them both. It was too much for me; almost like choosing which child is a parent's favorite. Instead I retreated to our bedroom to watch a new-to-me episode of "Smallville." I hope my two babies forgive me.

4 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

So does this mean you're pregnant?

I do the same thing with BTTF... I love the edits. Holy Jeez!

8:19 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

ohmygosh. pregnant? NO! those two movies are my children, and i should never hae to choose between them again. please. pregnant.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like I was mislead when you texted me about this. I thought you said it was BTTF 2. That's why I said to go with Coal Miner's Daughter. HOWEVER, if I had known it was BTTF- the original- I would've steered you in a different direction. Who knows, maybe I'm still misunderstanding. I was so pissed that The Jim Halpert show was a rerun, by the by. I need to see him go ahead and just break up with Karen already.

1:30 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

oh man! i need to see jim halpert break up with that stanford skank, too! maybe after ray's behavior last week, we'll start seeing pam act more available, and stanford will be tossed out the window. sorry about the misleading, too. BTTF 2 started about half hour AFTER i posted you. i must've put the number by accident.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home