BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sci-Fi is THE BEST!

Martin and Galen love Sci-Fi, cause it has Battlestar Galactica (gag). Cori can get brushed up on her Doctor Who thanks to Sci-Fi. I have a new reason to love Sci-Fi--Kindred:The Embraced.

Right now Sci-Fi is showing a marathon of the cult favorite that aired on Fox in the spring of 1996. And, holy geez, I forgot how tawdringly good it is! If you haven't heard of this awesome series, that only lasted eight episodes, it's about warring vampire clans in San Francisco. Mark Frankel, the dashing English actor who died in a tragic motorcycle accident just days after the final episode aired, plays Julian, "prince" of the vampires. It's kind of like he's the godfather, and they have to do what he says, even if they don't agree.

As I'm watching right now, I'm first of all ticked off I haven't been watching since 7 a.m. Secondly, I see two important Buffy baddies getting their fangs sharpened in this series before heading over to Joss. Jeff Kober and Brian Thompson had recurring baddy roles in Buffy, and they were also known to play different baddies each time. C. Thomas Howell also plays a part in Kindred, as the cop who's trying to figure out what's up with these vamps anyway.

I'm gonna stop typing, try to not be scared with the flooded street outside, and go enjoy Kindred. I'm so stoked! I'll be in this chair until 3:00!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home