BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Just Delightful!

After much pouting and complaining last week (yes, at 29 I'm not too old for that), I finally got to see 17 Again today. And, fair readers, I must say that it was positively delightful! I had so much fun! Yes, I know the premise has been recycled, reused, and reshot a hundred times, but this is the first incarnation I've actually seen. Efron had his contractual obligated dance scene, and it was so sweet how his character never lost love (or lust) for his wife...even when he was 17 and she was 37. I loved the fact that even though he was surrounded with 17-year-old insecure hoes, flashin' their cleave, he still was in love with his wife.

The absolutely best part? Jim Dangle...or Thomas Lennon, if you're going by his real name. He was absolutely superb as Zac Efron's BFF, Ned, and they had quite the on-screen chemistry. His peacocking would've attracted me, and if that didn't work at first, his pitch-perfect Elvish woudl've sealed the deal. ;)

I know you probably won't heed my advice, but go check it out. It was great way to spend my Saturday afternoon.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Kendra said...

Wasn't it fun?! I thought it was pretty cute. Did you recognize Tractenburg's bleach blond bad boy boyfriend (how do you like that alliteration, teach?!)? It took me half the movie to realize it was Silas, Nancy Botwin's oldest son on Weeds. I didn't appreciate that look on him. Only our Eddie can rock the bleach locks!

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Kendra said...

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. His hair is black in the movie and blond on Weeds. I knew he looked weird when I saw it but for some reason I remembered it as being blond. I need sleep. Bottom line- he's in the movie and he looks weird. I'm going to bed.

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Kendra said...

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. His hair is black in the movie and blond on Weeds. I knew he looked weird when I saw it but for some reason I remembered it as being blond. I need sleep. Bottom line- he's in the movie and he looks weird. I'm going to bed.

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home