BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, April 17, 2009

Meh

Husband's headed off to Wrigley for the weekend, and prego me is left to her own devices. Well, that's okay, cause Netflix delivered a little High School Musical 3. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. In fact, the second one wasn't as good as the first one either. There are some good numbers, and Zac Efron does his best Kevin Bacon Footloose impersonation (it's quite stunning actually), but the magic just isn't there like it was in the first one.

I've readily and unabashedly admitted that I highly enjoyed the High School Musical, but the two sequels have fallen short of the original. Maybe I'll see this third one again on the TV in the random future and enjoy it, but now I'm just not feelin' it. Even though the first one took old teen musical themes from Grease and West Side Story and put Disney life into them for a new generation, it was still more enjoyable than the more "original" storylines of 2 and 3. Maybe I'll just go see 17 Again and enjoy that rehashed storyline more than this original HSM 3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home