BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Anyone Up for a Trip to the Northwest?

I have been on a total Twin Peaks kick lately. I've been re-watching all of the episodes via the gold edition collection my Aunt Barb got me for my birthday last year. Sometimes I forget how much I love this show. It's tawdry at times, quirky always, and totally addictive. The writing is superb, and after all of my viewings, I even have parts memorized.

I still love all of the characters (too many in husband's opinion, which is why he won't revel in it with me), and I love all of their peculiarities. Seriously, this town has it all:


  • a lady who talks with her log (uh, that sounded bad--it's really just a log)

  • an otherwordly being inhabiting the dad next door (and making him a murderer)

  • almost everyone's obsessed with pie and coffee, and every time I watch Twin Peaks all I crave for weeks is cherry pie

  • a dancing midget in a red suit

  • a sherriff named after one of our U.S. presidents (extra points if you know which one)

  • girls in prudish tartan skirts and early 90's brown eye shadow

  • a cross-dressing David Duchovny (my favorite)

  • and so many more I don't have room to describe

Like Freaks and Geeks, this is one show I can always turn to when I'm bored or can't find anything else to watch. The only problem is, once I start watching, I have to view the whole series. Good thing it was axed after two seasons...right? Oh, how I still wonder what happened to Cooper after leaving the red lodge. Alas, I'll never know.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cori said...

I am always up for a trip to the NW...you name the time and place and I'll be there!! And after that rundown of how great Twin Peaks is...I'm now very interested in watching it!! I especially interested in the David Ducovny cross-dressing...I never knew that!!!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home