BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Mummy Muck Up #118 (with many more to come)

There's nothing quite as potent and powerful as Mommy Guilt.  

I felt guilty and ashamed when Mommy Milk dried up for #1 at 9 1/2 months, and then when #2 stopped nursing at 10 1/2 months I felt even worse.  I had made it a month longer, but he's probably the last chance I have at nursing, so I wanted to make it at least a year.  Then there's the whole TV debacle I posted about a couple of weeks ago.  My kids LOVE TV.  Oh no, they're going to grow up introverted, numb to human companions, and will only be able to relate to fictional TV characters.  Then there's #2 inability to eat vegetables.  He eats toast, hot dogs, and fruit.  Oh, WHERE did I go WRONG?  I followed the food protocol: wholesome breast milk first, cereal at 4 months, VEGGIES first at 6 months, then fruit at 8 months.  You see, you don't want them to develop a sweet tooth, so you go green veggies first.   

Then there's this weekend...when the fun and calories just slip away.  Oh!  It's Friday night!  How about a lil Papa Murph's?  DONE.  What?  There's a birthday on Saturday?  Sure, have a couple of cupcakes!  Oh, we'll have some tacos-rice for lunch before the birthday sweets, though, cause that's healthier than fries???  Then there's today: Buffalo Wild Wings for a post-church eat, and then WITHOUT EVEN THINKING, I bring home a frozen mango from Paners for them to share as an afternoon treat.  WHAT THE DEUCE!?!?!  Their whole weekend was made of "afternoon treats!"  What am I doing???  I am actively making obese chilluns!  They are going to end up on the couch, comatose from all the sugar they eat!



But, I wouldn't be a good Mom if I just gave up.  I have tomorrow and the next day and the day after that to rectify my thoughtless choices this weekend.  I WILL NOT be defeated!  I love my children, and I will make a healthy start for them tomorrow!...I just have to get over the guilt first. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home