BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Top 5ive at Fifty

It will be debated*.  It will be criticized.  These are mine.  (And, sorry we don't have a Top 10, but with naptime drawing to a close, I don't have time to go double five!)

5.  A Few Good Men--Holding his own against Jack Nicholson.  The final scene is CRYSTAL clear goodness.  


4.  Rain Man--Holding his own WITH Dustin Hoffman.  I love this film so much that I'm watching it right now.  It's hard to imagine he crapped out Cocktail (c'mon, it's NOT great) and then got the shine out for an Academy Award nominated performance all in the same year.  (Bonus points if you know without looking on IMDB.)


3.  Top Gun--Quintessential Tom Cruise viewing.  Absolutely.  It was probably inappropriate that I watched this at eight, but who cares.  I was a mature gal, and I fell in love with this wee Syracuse native.


2.  Mission Impossible IV: Ghost Protocol--The newest Mission is the best in my opinion.  Pure rip roarin', action fueled fun.  The whole series is one of my favorite franchises of recent years.  (Much better than the Twilight franchise, y'all.)


1.  Jerry Maguire--I have to.  I know it's super duper sappy at the end, but his performance is top notch, A-1, superb.  Crowe-bar's script is immensely satisfying, and just recently have I rediscovered the greatness that garnered Mr. Cruise his 1996 Best Actor nod.  Too bad he won to some Aussie flash-in-the-pan, Geoffrey Rush.  Whatever.  The question of the day is, though, WHY DO I NOT OWN THIS ON DVD???  




*Mostly because Top Gun isn't #1.  This is MY list, so let me have it at #3.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home