BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

It Should be Like Christmas

My hubby left today for a week-long man trip across the country with a few of his mates.  They started at a depressing Cubs loss at Busch today, will be in an awesome water park outside of Kansas City tomorrow, then head to Colorado to see a Rapids game versus EPL team Swansea, and end up in Las Vegas for a few days.  Driving across the country (or half way across it in this case) has been something I've always dreamed of doing.  I've spent the better part of the last month being silently, ruefully jealous of the fact he gets to do this with his friends.  

Then, last week, I was trying to find the silver lining.  Well, I'll get to spend lots of time with the kids, which I love to do.  I'll get to watch WHATEVER I want when he's gone.  I'll get to watch that David Tennant straight to DVD movie I have stored on Netflix, plug in the VCR and go through my Barbra Streisand collection, and I'll get to watch all the Smallville I can handle!  Oh, and I have Superman, Superman II, and Superman Returns on Blu-Ray!  I can even have a Wes Anderson or John Hughes fest...or BOTH!  It's like Christmas!...Right?

Now I just miss him.  All of these movies I have been listing in my head to watch are just swimming around listlessly at the back of my mind, when all I can think about is how I wished I was cuddled on the couch with him, reading as he watches Breaking Bad (or WWE if it's Monday night).  I feel like a grade-A-rhymes-with-witch for being jealous and not hugging him more last week.  I'm also sad we all got the flu a few days ago and couldn't huggle, since we were taking turns in the bathroom.  (OH!  TMI!  SORRY!)

I just hope he gets home safely.  I'll try to watch a lil Hughes or Anderson in his absence, but maybe I miss him so much this time I won't even enjoy it...and THAT, my friends, would be a first.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

Be safe for your big girl, little bigger baby girl and baby boy, Martin. Amanda, lots of telly watching AFTER baby bedtimes or lots of sleeping to prepare for next day. I know what I'd choose, but I'm sleepy most of the time.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home