BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Post XMAS Viewing in the UK

Christmas movies after Christmas? What? That's not right!
I've been coming here for Christmas several times now, and one thing I'll never get is Christmas movies aired AFTER Christmas. Yesterday Home Alone was on. Today you could be merry with Christmas with the Kranks. I don't have all the listings, but there are definitely more Christmas movies on in the UK after the merriest day of the year. I haven't wrapped my head around it, and I never will.
Another British must for holiday viewing...List Shows. Tons of them. The 50 Best Christmas Songs EVER! (Aired after Christmas, of course.) The Top 50 Greatest Moments in Harry Potter! (The movies, of course.) The Greatest Christmas Toys! (This one actually aired before Christmas.) The list of list shows go on and on, and I find them oddly comforting. It's just not a UK Christmas without some shortbread, good homemade stuffing from my mother-in-law, and a few list shows.
But perhaps the greatest viewing pleasure around the holidays here is the extravaganza show. NEW Doctor Who special! NEW Great Expectations adaptation! (With Gillian Anderson as Miss Havisham...EXCELLENT.) The AbFab reunions! (Wish my buddy, Michael Wayne, could be here for that one.)
So there are silver linings to Christmas movies after Christmas...just don't ask me to EVER get behind that decision.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home