BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Cheated :(

Dear November 2011,


I'm sorry, but I didn't mean to ignore you this year. You, my most favorite month, got the short end of the blogging stick this year. I love you so much: you're my birth month, my "twin's" birth month, and you hold the best holiday that the stores want to ignore, Thanksgiving. (Seriously, November, I love your holiday almost as much as you. I try and try to find fun decorations in which to adorn my house every year, but this year all I came up with were "Gobble Gobble...til You Hobble Hobble" napkins at Target. Just sad this is.)



Even though we haven't spoken formerly, I've had a great time with you this year. #32 was wonderful: a day in which nothing was planned, but big, great things came of it. Beautiful family and friends came over, the man I'm lucky to call husband let me sleep in until 10:30 (!), and I did something I never thought I'd be excited to do on my day of birth: I went to see an original 35 mm print of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Who would've thought that I would ever want to do that for my birthday!?




Thanksgiving was simple and wonderful, too. For the first time, I was the one cooking the bird. I can't tell you what an honor this was! You probably knew, though, as you looked down upon me, the only one smiling from ear to ear at Meijer the day before Thanksgiving. I was so happy getting the last minute bits and bobs for the bird, and I was so blessed to be able to share it with my family.





So. What do you have left for me, oh wonderful month? Oh, just a small thing called an ANNIVERSARY. #9 to be exact! How the time flies. And, how time has flown this month. I'll try to make up for it the next few days by blogging as much as I can. I love you, you final autumnal month of the year, and I will respect you by not putting up Christmas until after Halloween, and by keeping the traffic and ire a little less by not shopping on Black Friday.


All my best,

Your daughter, Amanda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home