BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Guilty Pleasure Confessional

OK. I'm done hiding the truth. I absolutely love Christmas movies on Hallmark Channel. Absolutely. Love. I used to try to hide the truth from myself, calling them cheesy, stupid, made-for-TV garbage. Oh, I was so jaded...so wrong. The truth has set me free. I feel like screaming from the rooftop: I LOVE HALLMARK ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS MOVIES!



I mean, c'mon, people: just check out the star power. Dean Cain's done at least TWO. (He's got a new one this season called The Case for Christmas. It's gonna be awesome...if you haven't already caught the first 9 times it's aired.) Elizabeth "Jessie Spano" Berkley's made the cut this year. She's hung up her g-string and signed up for G-rated with Lucky Christmas. Candace Cameron Bure, Tom Arnold, Henry Winkler, Shelley Long, Christine Taylor, and the list goes on and on!





You know who really needs to get in on this? RICKY. SCHRODER. I mean, he's made a movie for CMT. Hallmark HAS to be a step up! It's ooey gooey family Christmas fun AND values. What's not to love!?! Hallmark has to pay better than CMT, too. (I'll have to check my LA source for that info.)


After last Christmas, the first one with my son, Hallmark Christmas movie marathons take on a whole new meaning, and maybe this is why I feel so connected to them. The first few days after he was born, we were still in the hospital, and the Christmas movies were always one: keeping me calm, centered, and focused on the beautiful gift in my arms. They have a serene quality to them that makes them oh-so-enjoyable for the family centered woman I've become.


I love them. I don't mind telling you. And, I don't care if you make fun of me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home