BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

MJF Pick of the Day: IN PERSON


Well, folks, it didn't happen. I didn't get to meet my hero in person. And guess what I had the gall, the unbelivable gall, to do? Throw myself a pity party! You know who snapped me out of it? The Brothers Gallagher of all people...Yes, THAT Brothers Gallagher. The boys from Oasis popped up on the iPod shuffle on my way home today, when I was lamenting the fact that I didn't get to meet this pop culture luminary, who helped shaped my youth, in person. They told me not to look back in anger. I ruminated on their words, and this is what I came to realize:

1. I'm a douche for thinking myself unlucky cause I didn't get to meet the Fox. That goes against everything he preaches, and it also goes against my belief in a holy God that made the fact that I was simply in his presence possible.
2. No, I didn't get to shake his hand, because he was dealing with his own shaky problems. HEY, HE MAKES FUN OF HIMSELF, TOO, OKAY??? Mr. Fox talks about his son calling him shaky dad and is completely open and aware of his tremors. His tremors had gotten so visibly bad by the end of the Q&A session, that I didn't want to be that person to hunt him down for a photograph.
3. Um...who is one of five people whose questions were asked to Mr. Fox? THIS GUY!
Q: What is the greatest gift you've ever GIVEN?A: Oh, I don't know! You'd probably have to ask the receivers. The greatest gift I've every received is my family, though.
My cousin said he couldn't answer that question, because he's too humble. Right she is, but it was just interesting enough to be asked! HUZZAH!
4. How can I be angry when he's still so stinkin' cute? He's the cutest 50-year-old I've ever seen. I already look older than him. I hate men, but that' a whole other story.
5. I learned what a caregiver should be. His wife, Tracy Pollan, is an amazingly strong and supportive person, wife, and friend to him. I hope if I'm ever in the caregiver role in my life that I could be as strong.


So, why was I such a douche? Cause I didn't get a picture? Cause I didn't get to meet him? What STUPID reasons for throwing myself a pity party! This night was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a man I've admired for many years speak about his life and the lessons he's learned AFTER being afflicted with Parkinson's Disease. How dare I even think of looking back in anger. I'm not anymore. Thanks, Oasis. You really have done something good in your careers post 1995!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home