BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MJF Pick of the Day: Save the Best for Last




Did you really think I forgot? REALLY? And, do I really need to go on and on about this one? Well, you probably don't want me to, but I'm gonna.


  • It takes me back in time. (Oh, pun intended...definitely intended.) Laying on the floor of my living room, uncomfortable from laying on the hard wood for so long, but I'm the oldest and in charge of holding down the rewind button. My brother is behind me on the couch, reclining for a moment until the song begins again. We're in footie pajamas. We watch Marty McFly sing Johnny B. Goode over and over and over again. We can't get enough of it! Little did I know, at the tender age of eight, how much this film would mean to me in later life.

  • It comforts me. When I'm feeling sad or stressed, I can put this in and feel the bad feelings seep out of me, cause I have to make room for the warm, toasty, happy feelings of goodness I get everytime I see Marty bring his parents back together.

  • It centers me. This was the first film I put in my hospital bag when I packed for the birth of my first babe. I knew there were DVD players in the room, and I knew that my husband and this MJF trilogy would get me through the unfortunately painful miracle of birth.

  • It reminds me that we can accomplish anything if we put our minds to it. I might not write a novel, but I have glorious aspirations to be an amazing wife, mother, daughter, friend, and teacher, and with a little help from the Doc, Marty, and Huey Lewis' stellar 80s hits, I can do this, even when I feel like a waste of God-created space.

One final thought: the remake. It will never be replaced or replicated, or if some Hollywood bigwigs thinks it would be a good idea, they'd have me to deal with. But, actually...Michael J. Fox said in last year's Entertainment Weekly Reunion Special that he'd be all for it. He just wouldn't want to be in it. I guess if Marty says it's okay, then it's okay? But for those of us who want this time travel classic to stand alone in history, prestine and perfect in its original incarnation, just click HERE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

All the entries are wonderful, and you've added the perfect ending entry to a great week.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home