BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

MJF Pick(s) of the Day: We're All Ears!

Monday kinda got away from me, y'all, so here are your MJF Picks of the Day...on Tuesday!




Our intrepid Canadian hero has done some amazing voice over work in his career. My personal favorites? Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey and Stuart Little. Oh, Homeward Bound...how I still cry at the end when Shadow comes over the ridge. The three pets, Chance, Sassy, and Shadow were brought to life by the actors who voiced them (MJF, Sally Field, and Daon Ameche, respectively), and the 1993 family film has not received enough cred as a family film classic. I remember being dragged to the film, by my Aunt Barb and two lil cousins, but how I still thank her for it now. I love that film.



Stuart Little also has a special place in my heart, for it was one of the first DVD's my husband bought me after we were married. He knew how much I loved the MJF, and he also knew I loved family friendly fare. And, I ended up enjoying this one immensely. Never liked the children's book much, but I love hearing Mr. Fox's calm, soothing voice that makes even a white rodent cute. Oh, yeah, and the Hugh Laurie doesn't hurt the film much, either.


I can't wait to share both of these films with my children one day. They might very well be the kids' first introduction to this fine Canadian actor.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home