BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Break from One Great for Another


A transcript from tonight's notes upon the viewing of Cameron Crowe's Pearl Jam 20 is below. I'm a writer. Allow me if you will...

How I love to be in a Pearl Jam choir--an honor, a privilege, a pure delight--and that's why the "old ones" never get old.

Singing in pure melody with the stranger next to you, brought together by five men you'll never know but always have. Give me Better Man, give me Daughter, give me Elderly Woman and Alive...any and all to be one again with history, because that's what Pearl Jam is: living, breathing, pulsating musical history.

I've gathered in this choir 11 times, not enough in my opinion. I long to enlist several more times before my time here is done, and I'm eager for the day I can bring my children to the live rehearsal. To share with them the music and history that has already shaped and molded 20 years of their mummy's life would be a dream come true. To hear them singing next to me, adding their voice to the Pearl Jam choir, would be a gift beyond monetary measure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home