BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goodbye, Old Friend


If you've been a faithful reader, you may know that New Year is not my favorite celebration of the year. While others are psyched to look forward, I find myself sullen and sad at the thought of great times ending. Oh, sure, I should be a glass half full kinda gal, and look forward to all of the great times to be had, but I still get a pang of sorrow at saying goodbye to another 12 months. Well, this year, it'll be even harder to mark the closing of 365 days.

For the past 12 months, I've been able to say hello and goodbye to "my" Doctor as I've walked out my back door into another day. I've loved seeing the cocked eyebrow, my favorite companions, and seeing the greatest stories of Mr. Tennant relived in the 12 month calendar that hangs to the left of my exit. Tomorrow will be the last day I get to do that, so thus officially ends the run of my Doctor. For most of you, it ended over a year ago, when he said goodbye and Matt Smith took over the driver's seat of the TARDIS, but I've had the calendar to cling to. That will soon end.

So if you see me on the street in the next few days, looking even more bummed than usual at the beginning of a new year, that may be the reason (or it could be the fact that I have a lot of baby weight to lose in the first few months of the year...yeah, or it could be that...). So long, Doctor Tennant. The ride's been phenomenal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home