BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rumination


Another Christmas has come and gone, and I confess that this Christmas did not see the best of me. I am completely ashamed of myself after this Christmas. I took my most favorite day of the year, the most joyous and blessed day of the year at that, and wasted it stressing about things and stuck in a semi-depressive state instead of reveling in the reason for the season and the simple joy that is family. I guess everyone should have one Christmas Carol experience, and this Christmas was mine. Why waste time worrying about things when God's watching and everything will turn out as it should be? Even worrying and stressing about important things, like two wee babes, isn't as important as enjoying the day that God sent us His only Son. Cause, guess what? God's going to provide the babes, too, and make sure I have time to give them what they need.

You never know what could happen tomorrow. You never know who could be with you next Christmas...or who might be without you. I don't say this to be a downer, but I say this to encourage you to spend everyday living and laughing to the fullest. Make your heart burst with joy and thanksgiving everyday. Cause, it really is a wonderful life. No more worrying on Christmas. No more stressing about things on that wonderful day. I may have screwed up yesterday, but I'll be hanged if I let my pety worries and fears and disappointments get in the way of another Christmas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

You seemed quite in the spirit to all who were with you! You, Amanda, bring joy to all through this spot, through your sharing of joyous times with family and friends. As we get a bit older (you a wee bit and me a larger bit), we need to know that keeping it simple is keeping it best - whether that be Christmas or day-to-day life. We've got some big celebrations coming soon - Martin & Andrew's 30th birthdays, visits from Scotland family and Easter, the day we know we have life everlasting. Love you.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home