BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Lost in Stars Hollow


OK! I KNOW! I'm 10 years late! But, I can't help that. The same thing happened with Smallville. I got on the bandwagon too late. The only trouble is, I got on this bandwagon WAY too late...as in the show's been canned for years too late.

My good buddy, Matt Hollabackhollenbeck, always told me I'd love the show. He said my mind would reel at the number of pop culture references, and he's absolutely right. So, what is going on with me? I'm watching at least two episodes a night when doing late night feedings, and I'm totally...well...obsessed may be too strong, but it's close enough just to be right.

The more I watch the more I appreciate the numerous pop culture references, everything from the Brady Bunch to Dobie Gillis to NSYNC. It's a dream come true for me. I make it a game to try to figure out all the references, but even this pop culture princess has trouble from time to time. (Note to self: Must read some Dorothy Parker.) The writing's impeccable: fast, sly, witty, with a pinch of sardonic sarcasm. Love it.

At this point, I still don't like Jesse, though I'm told his just misunderstood (right, Cori?). Sookie's absolutely adorable. Michele is divinely catty, and Luke Danes is THE best. Perhaps my favorite character in any WB/CW teen drama. Although I firmly believe this one goes beyond teen drama, and I will defend its honor to my husband (who is to blame for all of this, since he actually got the entire series for me for my birthday).

2 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

Yay for you! Episodes on DVD mean it's never too late. :) btw, I never did like Jess very much, so you're not alone there.

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Cori said...

Jesse is certainly no Dean!!! But I grew to like him in time. He definitely doesn't belong in the small town. I'm SO glad you are loving this series. I knew you would love the pop references!! I was hooked on this show from the beginning...but they really had me after the Bangles concert in 1st season! Love that episode!! PS~I love the pic you posted! They're so cute.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home