BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Don't Hate: Appreciate

You few who read know that I love me some pop music: always have, always will. My love for pop started with my two aunts, Barb and Becky, who would always be blasting the Oldies in the car while tooling my little butt around. One of my first loves was Davy Jones of the Monkees, and their show was, and still is, one of my absolute favorites. I loved seeing their goofy antics rerun on Nickelodeon, and their fun-filled music "videos" during the show always put a smile on my face. In fact, I own the two seasons on DVD and still watch the shows with a grin.

Why did I go into all of that? Because there's a new show on the tube that follows in the vein of the Monkees. All of the characters use their real names, get involved in hijinx, and their music is incorporated into the storylines (no matter how far-fetched the incorporation may be). Yes, everyone, I'm talking about the Jonas Brothers. I've tried to stay away from them as long as I could, because, honestly, I knew I'd fall for their poppy beats and quirky antics. I've seen a few episodes of their Disney show, JONAS (yes, it's in all caps), and like the Monkees, it's/they've gotten the best of me. Because the show is so similar to the Monkees is why I enjoy it.

And, people, they seem like nice fellows. (I'll await word from Catherine to find out if this is true.) They're trying to woo lovely young ladies, singing their sweet, chaste little hearts out, and they are doing some patented fun, goofy, innocent Disney scripts along the way. The only downside for them? The Mouse now owns their backsides. Like the Duffster and Miley Montana before them, let's see how hard it is for them to get away from their Mouse personas. Or, maybe they really are that sweet and don't mind turning their souls over to the Disney.

Two words of advice, though: teeth whitener. If you've caught a glimpse of these teen heartthrobs, you know what I mean. Zing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home