BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, April 05, 2009

NKOTB in the Hizz-all

I don't even know where to begin. That concert was seriously one of the most entertaining shows I've ever seen in my life. Let me just try to explain how awesome the show was:



1. They opened with "Call it What You Want." Really that should be enough for you to know how amazing the
show is without reading anything else.
2. This was really like a greatest hits show with a smattering of new stuff from "The Block." I was happ
y that they only did the best cuts from "The Block," too, like "Click Click Click" and "Twisted."
3. Joey and Jordan totally had solo times, like they did back in good ole 1990. Joey did a medley with a Frank Sinatra get-up, and Jordan totally did "Baby I Believe in You" with the open shirt and fan blowing at him. He followed this up with his 1999 hit "Give it to You."


4. Donnie was still a great spokesman, getting the crowd riled up and excited at appropriate times. He claimed that OSU's crowd was louder than us just to get us screaming. Oh, Donnie. He is also adamant that we not see his receding hairline, because he wore some sort of Boston Red Sox cap the ENTIRE time.
5. Danny rocked an awesome airbrushed shirt, that was an homage to his mother who died of breast cancer. Jon stayed on stage for almost the whole time. Way to go, buddy!
6. They performed for 2 hours and 20
minutes NON-STOP! This is awesome for almost-40-year-olds.
7. Two words: B STAGE. (Wait. Does "B" count as a word?) The B Stage was 10 FEET AWAY FROM US. Oh. My. Gosh. I have some AMAZING pictures. The only downside? Looking at Joe's gold lame jacket and gold lame Nikes. Gross.


8. Along the way they performed "Games" and "If You Go Away." Seriously...could this show GET any better!?!?!
9. They closed with "Step by Step" and "Hangin' Tough." They performed these while rockin' some awesome Illini shirts. Way to get us even more into it, guys! (Like I weren't already convinced this was one of the greatest shows ever.)


10. And, finally, the confetti they shot off in 1990 was way too far away for me to get littered with. This time, I was so close, some of it actually fell down my cleavage. UH-MAZ-ING. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

Dreams do come trueeeeeeeee.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

UH-MAZ-ING may not even do justice in describing how great this concert was!! I was really impressed...I kept my expectations low and I was blown away!! It was the most fun I've had in a very long time! I'm so glad I said yes when you asked if I wanted a ticket! ~cori

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Catherine said...

Oh I am so jealous! Now I can't wait till my show in Santa Barbara on the 17th! I can't believe they rocked the Illini shirts instead of the Celtics jerseys. That just makes me love them more.

You have to send me photos!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

I didn't get to go!!! :(
I'm so glad that you wrote the run down of the concert. Love the pics, especially the one with them in the Illinois t-shirts!

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home