BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, February 13, 2009

So Long

Today marks the beginning of Pages for All Ages' going out of business sale. After 20 years of business, Brandon and Susan Griffing will be closing Pages' doors on Monday, after the weekend-long sale. Some employees of Pages have accused me of being harsh with my first posting on the store's business status, after hearing they may close. I want to apologize to those people who have deemed me such I reread the words, and it may have seemed a little out of line, but I was trying to deal with the fact that my favorite store, and a staple of our community, was faced with the reality of these horrible economic times.

It breaks my heart to see the store closing. It was my home away from home during my college years, and it's been such a huge part of my life since I was eight. I'll be going there today to use up my gift cards from Christmas, and I'm just upset that any extra money I spend will go to the bank who now has control over the stock, not the owners and employees. Yes, I'll probably cry, and yes, I'll definitely be mad/sad/upset when I leave for the last time.

If you're around the C-U area, I hope you get a chance to go say goodbye to the best bookstore that ever opened doors in this town or any other. Goodbye, Pages. We'll miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home