BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, January 30, 2009

Say it Ain't So!

My favorite store, Pages for All Ages bookstore, may be closing!!! They haven't been selling gift cards, and they've been closed since mid-week "doing inventory." In today's local paper, an article stated that the phones went straight to a message saying all lines are busy, and the owners couldn't be reached for comment.

I cannot express how devastated I would be if this store closed. My mommy used to take me there every Friday to pick out new John Bellairs and Christopher Pike books. It's where I got my first New Kids on the Block biography. I worked there for five years, and it was the best job I ever had. (Yes, maybe even better than teaching.) I had plans to take Peanut there every weekend, and I wanted to retire and work there as the Children's Book Seller. I also get sick at the thought of what my friends, who still work there, will do if they close.

Pages has been around since 1988, and the customers are extremely loyal. We do not deserve to be jerked around and not notified if such a terrible thing as closing down is about to happen. If you're a former 'Paign local, click HERE for the short article.

Pages, don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

Oh no! I'll be home March 20-23. Let's get a smoothie there if it's still open.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This also makes me very sad! I remember going to Pages at it's old location as a youngster and I loved visiting you at the new location when you worked there. Boo! I hope this isn't true!

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home