BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Where Were YOU?


Well, fair readers, it's been a full, glorious week since our 44th president was sworn in. This morning I thought to myself, "It still feels as good today as it did 7 days ago." I want to know...
  • Where were you?

  • What did you do?

  • What feelings did you have?

  • What was it like for you seeing our first African-American president sworn in to office?
It was amazing for me. I still get goosebumps remembering it. We watched it at school with the kids, and they were the best, most enthralled audience I've ever seen. I was so proud of them. They then wrote letters to him on Friday, and these were amazing: poignant, touching, hopeful. I hope you had the chance to watch the events of last Tuesday with pride...no matter what side of the party line you find yourself.
Click HERE for some more outstanding photographs from the NY Times.

3 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

I was in DC! On the couch with Jared, though:-/ It was very cold and would have been very hard getting in and even harder getting out of the city. I feel bad I didn't go, though. Luckily, AMR went into the city a bit later and took some pics along the parade route. Wish you were here!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me - I was rushing to the R.E.A.D.Y. school at Kyle's request via a frantic cell phone call from Mr. Jahiel. Hey - no bother - I got to see the last 10 minutes of the speech AND that awful poem at the end. Don't worry about me, though - have history on TIVO - just a matter of when will I watch? There IS CSI w/Larry Fishburne you know!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So i don't know if you know but I am moving back to Cape in 10 days. Is there any chance you may make a trip down to beautiful Cape Giradeau Mo before you pop that baby out? I've already bought her some clothes and I want my picture taken with her in your stomach. Love you!

6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home