BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, January 19, 2009

New TV=Happy Me!

Last week saw the return of uber-man Jack Bauer on 24. And, yesterday, well, yesterday was a day that I have long been waiting. The new seasons of Big Love and Flight of the Conchords premiered on HBO.

I've ruminated on it before on this humble blog, but I must ask the question again: What is it about polygamist family, the Henricksons, that evokes such sympathy from me? This HBO soap is by far my favorite one. I never got behind SJP and her sexy city co-stars, nor did I ever put time or effort into the Sopranos, even though Goodfellas is one of my favorite films and not liking it means I'll never have full respect from my awesome cousin, the big J.C. But man, put Bill Paxton at the helm of three wives with lots of Mormon drama behind them and I'm right there, rarin' to go! The first episode promised lots more drama to come...I can't wait!!!

Following the polygamists Mormons are two mistrel vagabonds from New Zealand, Bret and Jemaine. Flight of the Conchords is...well...uh-maz-ing. I love Bret's sweatshirts, I love Jemaine's denim, and I love their two-part harmonies. Will they top their Bowie homage this season? I seriously doubt it, but as long as Murray and Mel are in the background, I'll be a happy camper. The first episode wasn't as stellar as the Big Love season 3 premiere (even though they did sing tunes about feminine-only organic toothpaste and angels doing it on the clouds), but I'm not phased: it's gonna be an awesome second season with the Kiwi boys.



More new TV fun will follow this Wednesday when LOST comes back. I can't wait to share all of these family friendly shows with my little Peanut. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home