BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, January 09, 2009

:(

Yesterday was Elvis' birthday, so I decided to partake in a little Larry King Live and watch Priscilla's collagen-filled face in a 30 minute live segment from Graceland. They are now pulling out deeds to Graceland, couch receipts, and original house keys to put on display. Why!?! Seriously, what kind of person wants to look at a deed and say, "Oh, look at Vernon's signature"? But, that's not what this post is about.

"If I Can Dream" closed out the first half of the show, and at the end of the '68 Special montage, a dedication popped up on the screen: "Dedicated to Todd Morgan: 1946-2008." I was deeply saddened.

Who is Todd Morgan? Todd Morgan was the man behind the mast at Graceland. He had worked at Graceland since 1983, and he had helped devolp a lot of the programs, specials, and events at Graceland. To fans, he was known as the Candlelight Vigil emcee. It was reported he died in his sleep of a massive heart attack at the young age of 45 on March 1, 2008. I can't believe I didn't know this; I'm really losing touch.

Will I ever get back to Elvis Week again? I hope so, but it won't be the same. I know my friends who went to the vigil with me will also miss Todd. He was always a friendly face on top of the Graceland podium on August 15. He was so kind, he even paused to take this picture with me during Graceland's biggest Elvis Week ever in 2007 (the 30th anniversary of Elvis' death).
I'm just sad I wasn't there this past year to pay my respects to Mr. Morgan, too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Ma'am could you please get off the grass?!"

Oh, Graceland staff. How I do miss you! I sure could go for some peanut butter banana Dippin Dots and a little heat stroke right now. Sigh...

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home