BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Figured It Out

I think I finally figured out why I don't like New Year's Eve, why I'm the New Year's Grinch. (And, no, it's not just because Seacrest is taking over Dick Clark's best job.) Most people look forward to the partying, drinking, and New Year before them. I, however, do not. It's because Christmas is officially over, and I have to wait a whole year for it to come again. :( USA is showing Elf all day today, back to back to back, but that doesn't even seem to cheer me up. I don't want to take my trees down; I don't want to take my old school stickies down; I don't want to put my Christmas movies and CD's up. I want to move to the North Pole. Husband reminds me that if Christmas was everyday I wouldn't enjoy it as much. Perhaps. But if the Christmas season, with all it's goodwill, giving, smiling, happy music, shiny paper, and jingling, was all year, I think I'd be just fine. Plus, I could wear my novelty penguin Christmas socks year-round, and that, dear friends, would be a treat. :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next year come to my house! You'll have a super fun New Years!

5:59 PM  
Blogger Tockmo said...

Manna, I think you should wear those Christmas penguin socks all year to remind you that Christmas is always coming!

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home