BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Maybe the Best Birthday EVER

Yes, my birthday is in November, but I didn't get one of my gifts until last weekend. My awesome, wonderful, loving husband got me an appointment to meet Magellenic penguins at the St. Louis Zoo! It was supposed to be a small affair, with a tour guide and only one other couple. BUT, the other couple canceled the morning of the tour, so it was just Martin and me! I was so excited!!! I tried to feel bad for the other couple, but I was just so darn excited!


We saw where they lived, where their food was prepared, and the HUGE room that keeps all of the circulation tanks for their clean air and water. It was amazing. Then, at the end of the tour, two Magellenic penguins waddled out! They were brother and sister. The sister, Shadow, was afraid of her brother, Fidget. She kept to the corners, and when she tried to come up, he would fight with her. He kept nuzzling my lap, and he sang to me twice! It was magical. Our tour guide's name was Meg White. However, she had no social anxiety, because she was VERY chatty. She was extremely knowledgeable and welcoming. She also gave me a free, stuffed Gentoo pengy!


It was an amazing day, and it's one I won't soon forget. I want to publicly thank my husband for being the best gift-giver ever and always making my gifts seem inadequate and impersonal. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home