BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, December 26, 2008

A Holiday Absence

Yes, that's what happens when your laptop goes crash-bang-boom, and it won't charge, and it has a wicked pop-up virus. But I trust you all had a very merry without my posts. It was another wonderful Christmas here.
The 23rd found us picking out a new favorite color for the house: PINK. Yup, if you haven't heard the lil Peanut will be a girl, but she won't be allowed to be girly and she'll have to love sports (Cubs and Illini, yo). This is an order from both parents. We also had an icky, gross ice storm.

Christmas Eve saw us once again viewing my two traditional C.E. movies: A Christmas Carol (circa 1984 with George C. Scott) and It's a Wonderful Life (yes, the hormones made me cry even harder this time). Seriously, they never get old. I love them more each year, and if the little one doesn't love these Christmas faves as much as me, I'm sending her back. ;)




Christmas Day is the best day of the year!!! I made a breakfast spread this year with a completely made-up b'fast casserole (which was quite good). We made the rounds round the Paign, opened lots of pressies, and I even got a special one that night--a beautiful square-cut emerald. (Yes, yes, I do have the BEST hubby ever.) We relaxed the night away with Dark Knight, Doctor Who Uno, and HIMYM (extra points if you know that one).

Alas, this day, Boxing Day, I'm sick--fending off a head cold and sore throat. I've pumped myself full of Vitamin C through juice, organges, and kiwi. We've whiled away the hours watching Jack Bauer to get pumped up for January 11...and his A-kicking has actually made me feel a bit better.

Anyhoo...if you're STILL reading, I hope you had a great Christmas. I hope you were with the ones you love the mostest. And, I hope you celebrated and remembered the birth that made this the most wonderful time of the year. God bless!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I Met Your Mother...Man, I'm racking UP the extra points. What is the exchange rate on said points?

Glad you had a Merry Christmas!!! Don't get sick...us girls are sickies here and its no fun.

-Alyssa:-)

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home