BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

One of Those Days...

It all started out well...got up, did my Biggest Loser workout, did some extra time on the elliptical while watching Smallville--I was feelin' GREAT! Went to Best Buy, and Night at the Museum was only $7.99, so I snagged that up. I was so excited to make Indian feast and watch said Ben Stiller family friendly flick...then it all went to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks.

The rain, rain, rain came down, down, down...

  • Street completely flooded--water-up-to-my-knees-flooded. Called the cops three times and left irate message on public works answering machine...I'm sure that'll help us.
  • Water seeping into basement faster than we can get it out--another three inches easy.
  • Street still flooding and now water is leaking through basement windows. And my tomato plants, which were thriving, are completely under water.
  • Now sewage in the basement? It definitely smells, and not like roses.
  • Rain finally stops...water finally pretty much cleared from basement (though we could've used the help of the mop squad above).
  • No homemade Indian, called in Mexican instead, and we still get to watch NATM...or do we???
  • The frickin' disc doesn't work!!!
  • And, I didn't get extra salsa with my Mexican I ordered
  • AND, more rain expected at 4 a.m. I'm so nervous I don't think I can sleep.

I thought the worst days were supposed to be during the school year. At least the Cubbies won.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home