BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, July 04, 2008

4th of July=GORGE FEST!

Hello, happy readers, and Happy 4th of July!!! I could barely roll myself to the lappie-laptop, because I have completely eaten my weight in 4th of July family favorites: Ina's potato salad, spaghetti salad, turkey burgers a la Dave, Mimi's-better-than-KFC coleslaw, homemade chicken & noonies, plus a whole host of others. I had the honor of helping with the food this year, and I'm pooped on top of being about to pop.

It's also my dad's 60th birthday!!! Happy Birthday, Jim Bob--the BEST dad the world's ever known. (Yeah, I might be a little biased, but I don't care.) We had a small party, since mama's sickie. :( Hopefully he'll get more celebration time for this monumental birthday later.

TCM, my favorite movie channel, is celebrating the 4th by having a Hitchcock festival. ??? Whatever. It doesn't make sense to me, it does mean I've gotten to watch snippets of Psycho, Vertigo, and Rear Window today. Niiiiiiiiiiice!

The only thing left to do is watch some awesome 'Paign fireworks...and get completely frustrated with the lack of traffic organization out of the Land of Parks. Last year it took us two hours to get out...wonder how long it'll be this year. :)

Hope this day has been patriotic for you and filled with food, fun, and family. And, remember, if you haven't played whiffle ball today or listened to Lee Greenwood or Neil Diamond, then you're not American. ;)

P.S. How many times have you seen Lady Liberty from behind? Exactly. That's why I chose this frame from our recent NYC trip to include on this patriotic post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home