BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, March 01, 2008

I Think I Win...

...for most varied movie choices in one day ever. Let me run down my flick picks for this first day of March 2008:

Semi-Pro--I checked out Will Ferrell's latest at the Savoy 16 with my brother. It was good fun; much better than Blades of Glory. But how could it go wrong: Will Ferrel, whitefro, 70's funk, and Patti LaBelle. Awesome. I giggled lots.
The Man Who Knew Too Much--Hitch remade
his own 1934 movie in 1955 with Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day. You all know how much I love Jimmy Stewart, and this one was a peach. I guess I'm just a tool for Hitch and Stewart. This one was a birthday pressie from Mimi and Ted. Thanks guys!
Fargo--Oh, Margie, this was the first time I've actually watched ya, don'tchaknow? It was glorious. I've seen the first 45 minutes ten times, but it's always on TV. I've refused to watch it in its entirety until I had it unedited. NetFlix made this happen. I luuuuuuuuuuurved it.


Glengarry Glen Ross--What's that, you say? You've NEVER seen this!?! (Says the girl who just admitted she'd never seen Fargo.) Please, please, PLEASE go see it. This ensemble cast rivals the cast of Sneakers. The one man that makes it sweeter: Jack Lemmon, who should've gotten a Supporting Actor Oscar for the bumbling, down on his luck salesman Shelley Levene. Everyone always rails about Alec Baldwin's 10 minute performance, but you need to watch Lemmon in this. Rounding out the cast: Ed Harris, Alan Arkin, Alllllllll Pacino, and Mr. Spacey himself. It's friggin' gold, and David Mamet at his absolute best.

Let me know which one(s) you choose to try out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home