BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, February 01, 2008

Me Likey


ABC's new drama/comedy/law show, Eli Stone, was lovely! It stars our old friend, Jonny Lee Miller. I think Jonny Lee's found his niche: he's disarmingly sweet, genuine, and funny when playing a character that can hear pop music from an inoperable brain aneurysym (help me with that spelling, cause I'm too lazy to get my dictionary out right now). Loretta Devine is also wonderful as his sassy assistant.

I thought it was absolutely delightful, and the addition of George Michael didn't hurt either. The scene when Eli Stone was dancing along with Jorge's live performance of "Faith" was particularly funny. It's a quirky show, so which makes me automatically suspect of the general public not jumping onboard. It has a prime slot, right after LOST, so it will hold some people's attention for awhile, but I hope the dullards can see it for what it is--creative, fresh, comedy drama with awesome 80's songs. Or, early 90's, since "Freedom" will be present in the next episode. Who else will pop up I wonder? Annie Lennox? Kylie? Oh, that would be delicious fun!!! Check it out on abc.com or Thursdays at 10/9 on ABC.

And, YES, I did enjoy the LOST premiere. I don't care what any of you say. First of all, the season kicked off WITHOUT a Jack flashFORWARD, Hurley was our focus, and it had a scary new guy in it. He reminded me of Buffy's Gentlemen without the freaky grin and make-up. He was chilling.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked Eli Stone, too. Jonny Lee's still got it. I could do without his fiance (I can't remember her name) but I do love his assistant. Good times. And I loved that Hurley was LOST's focus last night. He's adorable!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home