BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Every Year

Every year I tell myself I'm not gonna watch the SuperBowl. Every year I promise myself that it doesn't matter, it's just another grudge match, and I have more important things to do. Of course these promises were null and void last year with da Bears in the big game, but this week, I've been making myself the same promises...until yesterday.

I started looking for a place to watch the game. I started thinking of fun recipes I could make for the big event. I even started brainstorming reasons I should put off my grading until tomorrow to sit back and watch the really big show tonight.

Well, I'm ready to go. I've been preparing treats since I got home from church. I'm rockin' my Bears XLI hoodie from last year (suck on that Mr. GQ*). At the end of the night I'll try to figure out why I wasted my time and be mad I don't have my grading done, but I'll go through the same song & dance next year.

*For those of you not in the know, that would be Mr. Tom Brady, the Patriots QB, and GQ's favorite sports cover boy of late. You should see him in a post-game press conference: hair perfectly parted, Armani suit perfectly pressed, and stubble perfectly trimmed. Wonder who he'll be wearing
tonight after his big win?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home