BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Ah, Twilight


And the obsession with vampires continues...Over Christmas I read the first of Stephanie Meyer's young adult vampire series, "Twilight." It was classic young-adult-teen-angsty-driven stuff. Think "Buffy" in novel form with a lot less sun. Set in dreary, rainy Washington state, Meyer's series puts a new spin on vampire mythology with a couple of new "rules." I just started the second book today, "New Moon." I also surfed the ethers for info on the movie that's being shot right now. It stars Cedric Diggory himself (or Robert Pattinson) as the handsome, mysterious Edward Cullen, and Peter "AmanDUH!" Facinelli, as the head of the Cullen clan.

Anyway...the books are grand, we'll see what the movie's like this holiday season (cause nothin' says Christmas like vampires), and I really think you should give the series a chance. Young adult fiction has come so far in the last ten years; they really aren't just for kids anymore.

Stephanie Meyer website


The Twilight Series

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved these books too. Oh my god! Have you read any by Charlaine Harris? Her Sookie Stackhouse series is awesome and they are developing it into a tv series for showtime. Alan Ball who did six feet under so hopefully it will be good. On another note I miss you

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i realize that my comment did not completely make sense but you understand it

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home