BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Little Miss Susie Homemaker...


...that's me!

WOW. I think I've set the women's rights movement back about 60 years today. I made potato soup for lunch from a lovely couldn't-be-easier recipe by my Aunt Carla. We had the soup with sandwiches. Then I decided to make brownies for Easter dinner. But why stop there? I also experimented with a Paula Deen cookie recipe, peanut butter-oatmeal-chocolate chip. Pretty sweet, y'all! Quitting wasn't an option at this point. I made a chicken & wild rice casserole for dinner and some spicy coleslaw for the side. Now I've finally sat down after putting away laundry and starting two loads. Mimi said I must have gotten these jeans from my great-grandmother, Mimi Mac. If only I could get her chicken & dumpling recipe figured out.

And you know what? I've had one of the most satisfying days ever. Much better than when I'm at school with kids saying "shuduptalkintome." Maybe one day it will once again be acceptable for me to be just like Donna Reed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home