BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring Break, Day 5: or the Day I Went Bona Fide NERD

Something had to crack this last day of Spring Break, and it happened to be the coolness inside of me...or at least the last thin shard I had inside of me.

Glimpses of nerd here and there. Talking about Jem. Counting down to the release of Twin Peaks, Season 2, on DVD. Superman posts becoming more frequent. Watching Bond movies weekly with my husband...not to mention episodes of X-Files and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. Adding [new] Dr. Who to my list of favorite shows ever. I couldn't run from it. I mean, hey, my brother played D&D throughout middle school and college. He even got me a Buffy role playing game. How could I hide from the Nerd Wizard that constantly stalked me?

Today I went into G-Mart, the local comic book store downtown. I went up to the friendly clerk behind the counter, who might not have seen a female in days, maybe weeks, and calmly and politely asked if he had the comic book adaptation of Stephen King's The Dark Tower available (left). He said he was sold out of the first issue, but issue two was in. I said I'd take it...along with a subscription for the entire series. I laid down my money for the first four issues, with the next three to be held under my name.

It's official: I'm a nerd. I tried to convince myself that I was just buying a nice present for Martin, but that was a cheap guise. I can't continue to hide behind him, because these comics are as much for me as for him. In fact, when I showed him the comic I had just purchased, I asked him if his hands were clean.

I now know that many of you may turn away from this humble blog. And, Daddy Todd probably won't ever talk to me again, especially after wondering about my state of nerdness after my in-depth Superman post of 3-3-07. I knew I had to be honest with you, faithful readers, and even if you turn away from my musings forever more, at least I've been truthful with you. Fare thee well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home