BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Salinger Boys Make Good


Tonight sees the premieres of LOST and NINE. (Um, I like capitalizing one-word titles. Leave me 'lone.) I love the fact that both main Salinger boys from "Party of Five" will now be found on ABC. The year LOST started, I was surprised Charlie Salinger, oh, I mean Matthew Fox, had re-surfaced (no pun intended) as the lead of this mysterious drama. That same season, Bailey Salinger, or Scott Wolf (one of my many crushes, right, Catherine?), started to appear on the WB's "One Tree Hill" (...or was it "Everwood?" I'm sorry, but I'm just not concerned with those WB/CW shows). It was great to see both Salingers bounce back from their defeated family FOX drama.

We all knew "PO5" (yup, I did just abbreviate it that way) was cozy, com
fy, angsty family drama. (I.e., it had five seasons at best. Wait, what you say? It actually lasted 6!?! I was shocked when IMDB told me that, too.). The show thrived on fierce fans who loved the Salingers. I was a pseudo fan who loved the guys but was constantly irked by the ladies (Neve "I Only Act by Breathing" Campbell, Lacey "I Was the Best Whiner EVER" Chabert, and Jennifer Ugh Hewitt). I signed off by mid-season three but always looked for the Fox and the Wolf to spring up in random shows/movies.

I'll stop jibbering and conclude with this: I loved Matthew Fox' resurgence. I hope Scott Wolf can follow in his big brother's shoes in NINE. I'll be watching both tonight. And as soon as LOST is over, I'll be a major nerd, get on here, and start tip-tippy-typing away...That's how I roll (as my brother would say).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am very excited to see the male members of the Salinger clan reaching new heights and back together on the ABC network. Who knew what a heartfelt little show about a bunch of orphans could have led to? Heck, it eventually led to my current working position.

Okay, as the resident PO5 expert here, it did last 6 seasons and I watched every last episode! Little Scooter was on Everwood (which now airs on ABC Family at 6 PM ET/PT, sorry shamless plug), not that crappy One Tree Hill show.

So all in all, even though it goes up against my beloved CSI: NY (Go Lt. Dan!) I am taping The Nine to show support. And even though she is whinny, you can see Lacey Chabert's latest acting effort in the original ABC Family movie "Little Sister, Big Trouble," check your local listings for air dates. Sorry, the publicist in me reared its ugly head again.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home