BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What Else is New?

#1: How's Tumberfoot's new album you ask? Um, glorious. Just go out and buy it. Pay particular attention to track 8, "Darn* Girl." It's my favorite so far!


*No swearing on this blog, so you can figure out what the real word is if you think really hard.


#2: Did you see "Smith" last night? This is CBS' new thief show starring Ray Liotta. Oh, I love me some Ray. Ever since "Goodfellas" he's been one of my favorites. I knew I would have to deal with Virginia Madsen, who's not overtly offensive, but just covertly offensive (as in you don't really know why she is, but she is). Here's the great surprise, though: Mr. Jonny Lee Miller.

Yup, my favorite Hacker and the one heroin addled character from "Trainspotting" who wasn't emaciated enough to look like one. So, what's this show got going for it? Liotter and Miller. What's against it? The ever dwindling creativity and thought put into new shows bursting with all-star casts. (I mean, did you see "The Unit" last season? You think Dennis Haysbert AND the T-1000? Awesome! Wrong; it was pretty boring, pretty fast.) The first episode was okay. I kept going through it off the sheer rush from seeing Jonny Lee. The action does need a little help next week if they want to keep me bitin'. One thing I do have to say: For professional thieves, these buddies really screwed up their job last night! They ended up killing a rent-a-cop and almost getting caught. I suppose even the boys from "Heat" had some troubles, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home