BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Feast On This

It's always been my goal to keep this blog upbeat, light, and positive. But even I have to vent sometimes. Please don't mind me, and don't think I'll make a regular thing of this. I don't want to become one of those evil-Sandra-Lee-like-haters, but tell me: Who's excited for Nigella to come to Food Network?

Nigella Lawson is the British version of Sandra Lee. Very skinny, low-cut tops (not in this pic, but at least she has on orange and blue), busty bust (look out Aunt Sandy--someone's gonna give you a run for your money on the beach), and bulging eyes so excited about the last dish she just prepared. I don't know if she loves the drinky, like Aunt Sandy, but I do know she has her own personal quirk: her uptight, posh accent. She has also coined herself "the domestic goddess." Ugh.

Oh, I know some of the peeps out there will be thrilled with her. "She's so Britishy and cute!" some will say. I have seen clips of her shows while in Scotland, and I've looked through a couple of her cookbooks. She always seems so stuck up and full of herself (oops, that was repetitive, wasn't it?). All's I want to know is where is my Jamie Oliver??? He still does shows in the UK. Why didn't FN air his four-part series on school lunches and how to make them healthier? It was groundbreaking important food information our country needed to hear. Why do they only show him at 3 am every other Friday?

So many people are going to hate on me after this post, but like I said, this griping won't be a habit. You'll also probably think me a hypocrite for loving Brit chef, Oliver, and hating Brit Sandra Lee, Lawson. To appease you, I'll tell you the time of her new show: Nigella Feasts will air at 1pm/noon central starting Sunday, October 1. Maybe I'll try her out, try to get over this dislike of her, but I can't promise you anything.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, this chick looks a little bootylicious in this pic. By the way, this is from Kendra. I'm being anonymous to seem mysterious- and b.c I can't join anymore online forums.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home