BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Ina, I Got It!!!


Either I watch too much Food Network or Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, thinks her viewers are dimwitted idiots. (And if we are, I want to add in our defense that she never actually dictates on her show what "good vanilla" or "really good dijon mustard" are.) ANYWAY, it's probably the former, but I still want to complain (just good natured complaining, because I love dear Barefoot).

Today I saw episode IG0606, Long Island Food, for the third time this summer. I now have memorized how to make fillet of beef sandwiches with homemade horseradish sauce. I also have the sickish sea green color of her friend's 80's-inspired turtleneck burned onto my brain. (What was he thinking? I thought he was supposed to be a fashionable, gay, Hamptons male.) Each time I've viewed the episode, I've asked Ina the same question: How much did that fillet of beef cost??? It's a beautiful piece of fine, red meat; it looks like it would melt in your mouth. I ballpark it at $50 (American, that is).
I've never seen the entire episode, though, because I really don't need to know how to make Montauk seafood salad. Icky. I'm not from Montauk, I don't plan on going to Montauk, so why do I care how they make their seafood salad? (Quick, where did the form of that line originate? My undying love and respect if you can tell me.)

If you want the recipe, and don't have it memorized like me, follow this link(especially if you missed the one above). It did look delectable all three times I saw it. I guess my main complaint is the lack of fresh Ina episodes (RayRay got married last summer, and she's still cranking them out, contributing to her magazine, and has a new devil-produced talk show on the horizon). Food Network Addict told me he saw a new one over the weekend, but I was too busy in Tennessee eating at the Western Sizzlin' to know about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home