BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Gods in My Country


Well, folks, here it is: my second column. And, how could I not start this one with Will Ferrell??? It just couldn't be done. I did actually try to start with someone else, Michael J. Fox lets say, but after viewing "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby" yesterday, my fingers would not let me write about anyone but Mr. Ferrell. (Hey, don't worry, my feminist friends; I'll also touch upon Goddesses in My Country, too.)

Where do I start? Oh, WHERE do I start? How 'bout, "smiling is my favorite"? Well, smiling IS my favorite, and I also love to laugh, both of which Ferrell helps me do. Will Ferrell is the best thing ever to fall out of Saturday Night Live, and the fact that he has embraced Christmas, 70's newsanchors (and moustaches), and NASCAR proves that he will do anything and everything to get me to the theater so I can give him money. I will, too. I'll see almost anything with Will Ferrell (I'm not watching a Woody Allen movie even for him). I'll even watch "Superstar." OK, I haven't watched it yet, but I would if it was on TV one afternoon. I even own two Will Ferrell tee-shirts. I smile when I put them on! He's workin' overtime for my laughs and doesn't even know it.

"Talladega Nights" is great, but I have to say someone actually stole the show from this God of Manna Country. GARYfrickinCOAL! Oh, my, he's really trying to become a god in my country, too. His campaign started with "The Brady Bunch Movie," and he's been working hard for consideration ever since ("Win a Date with Tad Hamilton," anyone?). His role as Reece Bobby, Ricky's dad, may have clinched him the title. I'll be honest: there were downtimes in "Talladega" ("Anchorman" was better), but it was still a great time at the races. That soul patch Ferrell sports is hot, too.

Folks, all I can is I love Will Ferrell. He gives more cowbell when needed, he shows us his pasty, white gut when not needed, and he can stay as "doofy" as he wants to be for as long as he wants to, Entertainment Weekly. And he does GOULET almost better than Goulet. Go to amazon.com to buy this Top 5 now:
1. Elf
2. Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
3. Old School
4. Saturday Night Live: The Best of Will Ferrell
5. Wedding Crashers (yes, small, but INTEGRAL part)

1 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

i agree that will is one of the best to come out of SNL. Maybe not THE best. My question to you and loren michaels is: Where are the FEMALE "Best Of..." DVDs? I am still waiting for a Cheri Oteri. I think the only ones out are Molly Shannon and Gilda Radner. I'll take a Melanie Hutsell and Ellen Cleghorne, too. even christopher-freaking-walken has a "Best Of" and he was never a cast member!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home