BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, August 04, 2006

He's Bringin' SexyBack


Well, those of you who know me know it was just a matter of time before I got around to Mr. Tumberfoot's newest single. MTV is whoring it, I mean SHOWING it, every 30 minutes in it's morning video block. Between that "video affiliate" and the 1, I've seen it three times in 50 minutes.

According to Rolling Stone's latest interview with the former NSYNCer (RS Issue 1004/1005, July 13-27, 2006), "The album's first single 'SexyBack' was Timberlake's attmept to harness the raw vocal emotion that he hears in singers like David Bowie, Michael Hutchence, and David Byrne." The 2nd most famous Memphis native (yeah, yeah Elvis was from Tupelo, but you get the idea) also notes that "his audience has grown up with him." First of all, I'm impressed our hip hop Michael Jackson obsessed boy knows who Bowie, Byrne, and Hutchence are. Secondly, just as we heard Michael laced throughout his first CD, "Justified," we can definitely hear the Bowie influence on this first single (think "Fame" as you encounter "SexyBack" and try to deny me this comparison). Finally, me likes. It's a far cry from anything on "Justified," which makes me jump for joy. He says his audience has grown with him, and I agree. He's movin' along and progressing, but nothing he's done has strayed so far from what first got our attention (remember, Catherine?) that we would want to abandon his efforts: He still makes our toes tap, our heads bobble, and our hips twist.

So, Tustin Tumberfoot (as my dad would call you), stay in the studio and out of the moving pictures. Go to justintimberlake.com to encounter "SexyBack" if you haven't yet. You can also watch the video, but you'll be as confused with this as you were after the first time you saw "Mission: Impossible."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home