BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A Trifle is NOT an Elegant Dessert

I hate trifles. I think they look disgusting. Yesterday, RayRay made a trifle for the "big ta-da" of her Accessible Elegance meal.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_26895,00.html
Today Tyler is doing a low-fat, reduced calorie trifle on Food 911. It's supposed to look gorgeous, and you won't be able to know you're eating light. Ugh.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_26036,00.html
They are cheap, disgusting things that give me the willies. I don't like my cake soggy, and I don't want to see my blueberry juice oozing into the cream, making it look like a sick grayish delight.

Elegant my arse. Try cheap, skeezie, and trashy.

2 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

jared and i looked at rachael's trifling' trifle last night with confusion and sadness. her desserts are typically the most pointless dish in the show, but that one took the cake! well let me ask you this question: would you make that delicous Summer Pudding with Rum Whipped Cream of Ina's ever? difficulty level "medium."

and tyler is making low-fat desserts? since when?

4:07 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

I agree with you, jrs, the desserts of RayRay are always the most pointless dishes of the show. I think we can all figure out how to make a sundae with whipped cream and slivered almonds by ourselves. Maybe she should turn over the Aunt Sandy leaf and start doing cocktails at the end of each show.

And, no, I don't think I'll ever make Ina's Summer Pudding. #1: it's pudding. #2: I probably wouldn't be able to afford the "really good rum."

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home