BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Life--Won, School--0

I show up to class with hair horrible, a hoodie on (that may or may not have had spit off scrubbed off the left shoulder five minutes before I left the house--I'll let you guess which), no make-up, and completely disheveled.  I feel like I've been perpetually running behind since last week.  I didn't get my readings done, I did complete the writing components of my two classes today, but I still haven't picked a story out to tell in two weeks or started the paper I have due next week.  Oh, and I maybe should start the research for that, too?

What is going on with me???

This one might have something to do with it...



Or, this one...



Maybe this one...



School with three kids is definitely different than anything I've ever done before.  It's cool, because I get to show my older kids what it's like to be a student.  It's not cool when I don't have time to give the effort to papers and assignments that I want.

This experience, though, is teaching me to roll with the punches.  I am not a 23-year-old singleton with boundless energy and all time focused on this degree.   I don't have countless hours to join different associations, complete many volunteer hours, or cow-tow to awesome faculty members.  It's different getting a degree with family responsibilities, but I wouldn't change where I am for the world.  I am super blessed.  

Life beat out school this week, but I hope to be more balanced for the rest of the semester--heck the rest of the time it takes me to earn this degree--budgeting my time better while still giving crazy loves to my bebes and hubby.  This is awesome: being a mom, wife, AND student.  I just hope to be better at it next week.  I also hope to not beat myself up so much when Life wins sometimes, because it definitely will.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

Think maybe this starts today. Will have to get around earlier so you can study more - and hope for weather that lets us hang at your house!

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home