BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Saturday, November 30, 2013

The BEST Time of the Year

It's here.  The Christmas season is OFFICIALLY here.  Thanksgiving is over, and my oh my it came late this year!  It is my firm belief that one should wait until AFTER Thanksgiving to put up Christmas decorations.  (Well, if you live in the US that is.  If I was one of my UK friends, you can bet your sweet  bippy that our halls would've been decked long ago...like mid-November.)  There is a small problem with my steadfast rule in our house this year, though...a VERY small problem.

That "problem" is BABY.  As in newborn baby.  As in coming this Friday (hopefully, God willing, she can wait that long).  As in, when will we put up our tree(s)!?!

Over the last couple of days as I've seen more and more friends post pictures of their halls decked to the nines on Facebook, I've become jealous of their sparkling trees in their houses.  I'm also scared of the fact that for the first time in a long time I have no idea when we'll be putting up the tinsel and holly.  I love the pictures, but it's made me a little sad, though...until I kicked myself in the rear and got myself back on track.

Our end of November/beginning of December is PACKED: my birthday, our anniversary, #2's birthday, and welcoming new baby are all taking place within a couple of weeks of each other.  It's CRAY-CRAY!..But, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I'm going to have to learn to live with this craziness, and I can't wait to continue to learn to be more patient about putting up Christmas decorations as the years go by.  Celebrating our babies' lives will ALWAYS come first, and the decorations will have to come second...as it should be.

Happy Holidays to all and happy Baby Time to us!


P.S.  I had to choose this picture for this post, because Mr. Lincoln's pained expression is a perfect representation of  how I feel.  Yay!  It's Christmas!  Crap!  I don't know when the halls will be decked! Aw, just get over it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Jo Mama said...

Dad and I are with you, and you KNOW your brother support later (to no) decorating. Love you.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home