BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

2013: YEAR IN REVIEW, YO!

BABIES!!!  Three of our closest friends welcomed new babies this year--ALL GIRLS.  When we got news of an unexpected, BUT WELCOMED, #3 in March the QuadFecta was complete.  Four awesome guys getting four awesome babies in 2013...and yes, ours is a girl, too.  ;)

Quest!  It's my church.  It's awesome.  It's a CONSTANT source of friendship, love, and reminders of God's grace and acceptance.  I love my church home with all my heart and thank God for first bringing me there for a sermon series at a MOVIE THEATER eight years ago.  (How could I not fall in love with Quest after that!?)

GSLIS!  I DID IT!  In March I got word that I was accepted into the University of Illinois' Graduate School of Library and Information Science.  It's the #1 LIS school in the country, so I had my doubts on if they'd accept me.  I'm on the road to becoming a school librarian, and I'm already brainstorming things to do with "my" library.  Oh, and straight A's for semester #1 wasn't too shabby either. 

Broadchurch!  David Tennant ain't just a Doctor.  Broadchurch was PERFECT crime drama.  It was elegant, sophisticated, kept you guessing (and texting throughout the show's finale if you were me), and a completely welcomed surprise.  The best part?  It knew its end.  It didn't delay, didn't stretch out, was just timed perfectly and then done.  Too bad they're doing a Season 2 and an American re-do.  (Even with Tennant and Anna Gunn, how good could it be?)




Robbie Swings Again!  Did you listen to Swings Both Ways?  YOU DIDN'T!?!?  I.  Am.  OUTRAGED.  It was devilishly delightful: a perfect combo of old swing and new swing.  Just awesome.  I'm just sad I don't get to see him in Glasgow this summer.  Will it EVER happen???  I'm beginning to have SERIOUS doubts.


Who, Who, and MORE Who!  Could 2013 have smashed in more Who if it tried???  Prolly not.  Oh, and the return of MY Doctor...AND the return of #8!  Just wonderful.  Loved the 50th anny special, loved all the BBC America documentaries throughout the year, and LOVED the return of Tennant.  Oh, wait...already said that.

New Girl!  Don't judge me.  I'm just watching it now.  It's new to me, old to you, and absolutely fabulous.  I want Schmidt to be my homeboy all day long, son!  And, don't be offended with that picture!  You gotta do what you gotta do to shower sometimes.


BABY #3!!!  Gonna show her the world in 2014, one show at a time.  Gilmore Girls, Friday Night Lights, Smallville, and, going against the grain, Matt Smith Who.  Why Mr. Smith?  Cause I really need to re-watch his arc.  It was so wibbly wobbly that I didn't get half of it the first time around.  One thing I know won't change, though is my opinion on his finale.  Dude deserved MUCH BETTER.  Much.  Better.  Moffat, this might have been your first mis-step.  Oh, we'll also cuddle the heck outta her, love her, shower her with kisses, and just make her the perfect fifth to what we thought was a sublime four.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home